SightMax Support Apr 17 • Official SightMax / KB and known issues
SightMaxECS (Enterprise Chat Server) is now available for download. Please sign up for a free 15 day fully functional trial:
The newest flavor of SightMax comes fully-loaded, with even more bells and whistles thanks to HTML 5. SightMaxECS is THE Enterprise level Live Chat Solution providing you with top-notch features and ultimate scalability.
The SightMaxECS Enterprise Chat Server is packed with new and exciting features:
HTML5 Floating Inline Chat Window (see it live on SightMax.com)
Social Media Integration (Full Twitter and Facebook integration)
Secure Information Filtering
Filter Credit Card and SSN numbers
Advanced Operator Group Abilities
Forced Proactive & Reactive Live Chat Capabilities
Website Custom Variables Automation
Live Stats “HUB” to show you what’s happening in realtime
Peek/Spy Visitor Message Previewing
Automated Business Rules
Language translation in 52 languages
Learn more about the new features on our website Learn more
SightMax Support Apr 17 • Official SightMax / KB and known issues
SightMaxSMB v8 is now available for download.
Existing customers can now upgrade to the latest Small Business Server version SightMaxSMB v8 and take advantage of our new Floating “Inline Chat” Window, Admin Control Levels, Salesforce Integration, Filter Credit Card and SSN numbers, Bad Word Filter and many new improvements.
Please contact us to learn how you can upgrade your existing SightMax Server. Learn more
Here are some of the newest features available:
New! Zendesk™ Ready
▪ Create Tickets from Live Chat sessions, lookup existing tickets all at the press of a button.
▪ Fully integrated with the Zendesk Support ticketing system, you can capture all chats requests and offline responses and forward them to your Zendesk help desk account, keeping all the chat history and support tickets in one place
▪ Operators can also create tickets for any visitor even if they are not in a chat.
▪ Operators can specify their Zendesk login information in the Operator Console and Administrators can specify the Zendesk authentication information in the SightMax Admin Console
New! Bad Word filter (Block Visitor, Block Operator, Block Database)
▪ Customizable regular expression engine
▪ Can block foul language
▪ Can block credit card numbers from being displayed in the chat window, or Operator Console, or saved in the database
▪ Can block SSN numbers, Medicare IDs and email addresses from being displayed in the chat window, or Operator Console, or saved in the database
New! New Visitor Details Tab - The Visitor Details tab contains the Visitor Profile and will automatically display the Visitor’s Name, Email and the Phone#; this information is automatically filled in, if the Customer had a previous chat, or if they entered their information in the PreChatSurvey.
New! Enhanced Chat Transcripts
▪ Time stamps available in the emailed chat transcripts
▪ The Prechat Survey information is included in all emailed chat transcripts
New! .NET 4.0 Framework- SightMax ECS now uses .NET 4.0 for both Server side and Operator.
SightMax Support October 19, 2012 • Official SightMax / KB and known issues
System requirements for SightmaxECS Installable Server:
Operating System (dedicated server or VPS):
-Windows 2003 Server Family
-Windows 2008 Server Family
-Windows 2012 Server Family
IIS 6.0 or above with .NET 4.0
Microsoft SQL Server (either SQL 2005/2008/2012 Express or Standard)
WCF Activation if using IIS 7 and Windows 2008 Server (both HTTP and non-HTTP activation)
Minimum Hardware Requirements 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor clock speed with 1 GB of RAM;
Recommended Hardware Requirements: Dual core CPU, or Quad Core CPU with 4 GigaBytes (GB) of RAM or more.
1. Download the SightMax Server Installation file to your server’s desktop from the following location (choose the appropriate version based on the license you purchased, or plan on purchasing):
2. The install will show requirements that are not currently installed on the server. This can show the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Click Install.
3. Run the installation file
4. If you did not have the .NET 4.0 Framework already installed, the .NET 4.0 Framework Web Download will start installing.
5. After your Windows server was rebooted due to .NET 4.0 installation, the setup window will appear. Click Install.
6. The SightMax Installation will start with the welcome screen. Click Next
7. Accept the agreement, then click Next
Select the location that you want the SightMax Server files to be installed to. Default is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartMax Software, Inc\SightMax\ Click Next.
8.You MUST run the IIS Editor, even if you have run it previous with previous SightMax versions.
Select the Website you want to install SightMax Virtual Directories and click Add (you can repeat this on as many websites as you want). Click close when you are done and continue with the install.
NOTE : If you will try to open IIS editor and you receive an error, please follow this KB article on how to create the SightMax Virtual Directories (in Windows Server 2008) :
After you finished the step continue and click Next.
9. Enter your mail server address and email accounts for your SightMax Server to use when sending and receiving email ( Ex. SightMax will send emails regarding offline message left by visitors, missed chats etc)
10. Select the SQL Server you want to use from the dropdown, or type in the SQL Server Instance Name. Example: a SQL Server 2008 Express is named (local)\SQLEXPRESS.
Select whether you want to use NT or SQL Authentication (this will be dimmed out if you installed the SQL Server Express)
11. Click Install and Next until the installation is completed
SightMax Support January 24, 2011 • Official SightMax / What's new in SightMax
SightMax Live Chat Version 7.5 R2– Released!
We're happy to announce our SightMax Installable Server 7.5 R2 has been released.
Please contact us for more information, or if you need to take advantage of our free installation (for new customers).
We have a lot of new features available:
New! Zendesk Integration - SightMax Live Chat Version 7.5R2 featuring Zendesk integration. Create Tickets from Live Chat sessions, lookup existing tickets all at the press of a button.
SightMax is fully integrated with the Zendesk Support ticketing system and can capture all the chats requests and offline responses and can forward them to your Zendesk help desk account while keeping all the chat history and support tickets in one place. Operators can also create tickets for any visitors, even if they are not in a chat.
Also, Operators can specify their Zendesk login information in the Operator Console, plus the SightMax Administrators can specify the Zendesk authentication information in the SightMax Admin Console.
New! Business Rules Triggers and Actions - We've added a couple of new triggers and actions in the Business Rules area, such as: Queue changes status, Offline Response and Create Zendesk Ticket.
New! Queue Notifications - This feature is available in the SightMax Admin Console for the SightMax Administrator. If enabled, the SightMax Server will send an email to the Queue email address notifying the SightMax Administrator of the Queue changing status
New! SightMax Admin Console Site Options -The SightMax Administrator can modify the Site settings and add the Zendesk Settings (URL, Login and Password), plus new options in the Queue settings to enable the Queue State Email Notifications.