SightMax OPUS v4 Server Requirements
▪ Windows 2008/2012 Server
▪ MS-SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 (Express or Standard). All data is stored on your side (Private Server)
▪ IIS7, NET 4.6.2 Framework, WCF features enabled and HTTP Activation installed.
Note: The SightMax Server Software does not need to be installed on the main Web Server; it can be installed on a Virtual Machine or a standalone server and can share the server with other applications.
▪ Optionally, the SightMax Server Software can be installed in the DMZ and requires Port 80 and 443 to be open
▪ Minimum Hardware requirements are 1 GB of RAM, 1 CPU, 10 GB disk
Typical hardware specifications are a minimum of a Dual Core CPU, 2 Gigahertz (GHZ) or above with 2 GigaBytes (GB) of ram. You should have a minimum of 15 GigaBytes (GB) of hard-disk space available. If you are virtualizing, the SightMax Server has been tested on VMWare ESX/EXSi, Parallels Desktop, Parallels Server, Parallels Containers and Oracle VirtualBox.
1. Download the SightMax Server Installation file to your server’s desktop
2. Run the setup file
3. Click Next through the installation steps
4.. During the installation you will need to provide the email settings for the Windows Service notifications, SQL Server settings.
Select the SQL Server you want to use from the dropdown, or type in the SQL Server Instance Name. Example: a SQL Server 2008 Express is named (local)\SQLEXPRESS.
You will need to use Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication for the SQL Server connection. The SightMax Server needs an user with DBOWNER rights for the SightMaxDB database. After completing all steps, click Finish to finalize your installation.
5. Check if the SIghtMax Service is started in the Control Panel > Administrative tools > Services
6 Launch the SightMax Admin Console and login
Webservice URL: the IP or hostname of the website selected during the installation. Ex.: http://localhost
7. Request a license from the SightMax Admin Console > Registration > Request license > Use your Order ID or your email address.
8. Create an Account, add a site, add a queue and Operators, then generate the chat code for your queue/
9. Place the chat code on your website (bottom of the source code before the closing </body> tag) or on a test page.
10. Additional steps may be needed:
-enable HTTPS (if you have a SSL Certificate installed for the chat hostname): uncomment the HTTPS bindings in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SightMaxAgentInterface\web.config and C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SightMaxWebservices\web.config
-you may need to allow your your chat domain in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SightMaxAgentInterface\web.config file (search for AllowedDomains and either add your domain on a new line or edit an existing domain)
Allow your Domain(s) to use the chat window:
Edit the files web.config in both folders c\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax\AgentInterface and Webservices and add the following line right before: </ArrayOfString>
Replace "sightmax.com" with your own domain name.
Or use this to allow all domains to use your chat window.
Using the new chat window:
-generate the code from the Admin Console > Queue settings > Theme > Window Type: Inline Default > copy the code and paste it in your website footer
-add this line in your website <head> section to enable the mobile chat window for mobile devices
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
The Operators will need to uninstall the current Operator Console from the Control Panel and install the new one. Distribute the setup files from the server's desktop (SightMaxOpusAdmin.exe and SightMaxOpusOperator.exe).
Operator Side - Installing the SightMax Operator Application
You will need to copy the setup file and install the application on the Operator's workstations.
The SightMax Operator console needs to be the same version as your SightMax Server and can be installed on any machine with Windows 7 or newer.
The .NET 4.0 Framework is required.