System requirements for SightmaxSMB Installable Server:
Operating System (dedicated server or VPS):
-Windows 2003 Server Family
-Windows 2008 Server Family
-Windows 2012 Server Family
IIS 6.0 or above with .NET 4.0
Microsoft SQL Server (either SQL 2005/2008/2012 Express or Standard)
WCF Activation if using IIS 7 and Windows 2008 Server (both HTTP and non-HTTP activation)
Minimum Hardware Requirements 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor clock speed with 1 GB of RAM;
Recommended Hardware Requirements: Dual core CPU, or Quad Core CPU with 4 GigaBytes (GB) of RAM or more.
1. Download the SightMax Server Installation file to your server’s desktop from the following location (choose the appropriate version based on the license you purchased, or plan on purchasing):
2. The install will show requirements that are not currently installed on the server. This can show the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Click Install.
3. Run the installation file
4. If you did not have the .NET 4.0 Framework already installed, the .NET 4.0 Framework Web Download will start installing.
5. After your Windows server was rebooted due to .NET 4.0 installation, the setup window will appear. Click Install.
6. The SightMax Installation will start with the welcome screen. Click Next
7. Accept the agreement, then click Next
Select the location that you want the SightMax Server files to be installed to. Default is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartMax Software, Inc\SightMax\ Click Next.
8.You MUST run the IIS Editor, even if you have run it previous with previous SightMax versions.
Select the Website you want to install SightMax Virtual Directories and click Add (you can repeat this on as many websites as you want). Click close when you are done and continue with the install.
NOTE : If you will try to open IIS editor and you receive an error, please follow this KB article on how to create the SightMax Virtual Directories (in Windows Server 2008) :
After you finished the step continue and click Next.
9. Enter your mail server address and email accounts for your SightMax Server to use when sending and receiving email ( Ex. SightMax will send emails regarding offline message left by visitors, missed chats etc)
10. Select the SQL Server you want to use from the dropdown, or type in the SQL Server Instance Name. Example: a SQL Server 2008 Express is named (local)\SQLEXPRESS.
Select whether you want to use NT or SQL Authentication (this will be dimmed out if you installed the SQL Server Express)
11. Click Install and Next until the installation is completed