SightMax SMB (Small Business) Installable Server v7.5 R2 SP1 Installation Guide
System requirements for Sightmax SMB Installable 7.5 R2 Server:
Operating System (dedicated server or VPS):
-Windows 2003 Server Family
-Windows 2008 Server Family
IIS 6.0 or above with .NET 3.5 SP1
Microsoft SQL Server (either SQL 2005/2008 Express or Standard)
WCF Activation if using IIS 7 and Windows 2008 Server (both HTTP and non-HTTP activation)
Minimum Hardware Requirements 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor clock speed with 1 GB of RAM;
Recommended Hardware Requirements: Dual core CPU, or Quad Core CPU with 4 GigaBytes (GB) of RAM or more.
1. Download the SightMax Server 7.5 R2 Installation file to your server's desktop from the following location:
3. The install will show requirements that are not currently installed on the server. This can show the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2, and AJAX for ASP.NET 2.0. Click Install.2. Run the installation file
4. If you did not have the .NET 3.5 SP1 Framework already installed, the .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 Web Download will start installing.
At the end of the installation, you will need to reboot the Server.
5. After your Windows server was rebooted due to .NET 3.5 SP1 Installation, the setup window will appear. Click Install.
6. Next you will be prompted to install the optional Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2. Only install this if you do not have your own SQL Server, or if you do not want to use your SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 for SightMax 7.5 R2.
If you want to use your own SQL Server, and you DON'T want to install SQL Express 2005 please choose NO .
If you will choose Yes, then SQL Express 2005 will start downloading:
After the SQL Express 2005 installation completed, continue to the next step and click Install
7. .Ajax for .NET 2.0 will be installed ( if it is not already installed )
8. After all the third party applications are installed, the SightMax Installation will start with the welcome screen. Click Next
9. Accept the agreement, then click Next
10.Select the location that you want the SightMax 7.5 R2 program to be installed to. Default is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartMax Software, Inc\SightMax\ Click Next.
11.You MUST run the IIS Editor, even if you have run it previous with previous SightMax versions.
Select the Website you want to install SightMax 7.5 R2 and click Add (you can repeat this on as many websites as you want). Click close when you are done and continue with the install.
NOTE : If you will try to open IIS editor and you receive an error, please follow this KB article on how to create the SightMax Virtual Directories ( in Windows Server 2008 ) :
After you finished the step continue and click Next.
13. Enter your mail server address and email accounts for your SightMax 7.5 R2 to use when sending and receiving email ( Ex. SightMax will send emails regarding offline message left by visitors, missed chats etc)
14. Select the SQL Server you want to use with SightMax 5.1. The SQL Server 2005 Express is named (local)\SightMax3.
Select whether you want to use NT or SQL Authentication (this will be dimmed out if you installed the SQL Server Express)