1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\SmartMax Software, Inc\SightMax\WinSvc and open the .config file in Notepad.
2. Look for the SQL connection string a couple line from the top. Yours probably looks something like this:
<add key="sqlConnectionString" value="Database=SightMaxDB;"/>
Change it to look like one of these tags depending on your SQL settings:
<add key="sqlConnectionString" value="Server=127.0.0.1;Database=SightMaxDB;Integrated Security=true;"/>
<add key="sqlConnectionString" value="Server=127.0.0.1;Database=SightMaxDB; uid=SQL USER NAME; password =PASSWORD FOR SQL USER;"/>
Once you have made these changes, save and close the config file.
3. Now make sure the SightMax database is attached to SQL server (you can use SQL Server Management Studio for this).
4. If it is not attached, go ahead and attach it, and if it does not exist, manually create a database named SightMaxDB
5. Now you should be able to start the SightMax service from the Windows Service Manager.
6. If the service fails to start review the error in your Event Viewer's Application Log and contactSightMax Support by opening a ticket if needed.