1. Download the SightMax 3.0 install to your desktop. http://download.sightmax.com/sightmaxlivechat3-complete.exe
2. Run the sightmaxlivechat3-complete.exe located on your desktop.
3. The install will show requirements that are not currently installed on the server. This can show the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. The SQL Express is actually optional, but a SQL Server 2000 or above is required for SightMax 3.0 to run.
NOTE: Click OK even if you intend to use your own SQL Server instead of the SQL Express.
4. The .NET Framework 2.0 will download and prompt you to install first (if not already installed on the server).
5. Next you will be prompted to install the optional Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. Only install this if you do not have your own SQL Server or if you do not want to use your SQL Server for SightMax 3.0. If you want to use your own SQL Server select No and you will continue with the install of SightMax 3.0.
6. Select the location that you want the SightMax 3.0 program to be installed to.
7. You MUST run the IIS Editor, even if you have run it previous with SightMax 2.0.
8. Select the Website you want to install SightMax 3.0 to and click Add (you can repeat this on as many websites as you want). Click close when you are done and continue with the install.
9. Enter your mail server address and email accounts for SightMax 3.0 to use when sending and receiving email.
10. Select the SQL Server you want to use with SightMax 3.0. The SQL Server 2005 Express is named (local)\SightMax3.
11. Select whether you want to use NT or SQL Authentication (this will be dimmed out if you installed the SQL Server Express) and continue with the install.
12. SightMax 3.0 should now be successfully installed. Allow the QuickStart Guide to open and follow the directions to configure SightMax 3.0.