CREATING A CUSTOM AGENTINTERFACE FOLDER
1. To do this you must first copy the 'AgentInterface' folder that is, by default, located in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax folder to another location on your hard drive (You can copy it to any directory you wish).
2. Once you have copied the folder to its new location, you will need to go into IIS under the website where SightMax is located and right click on the 'SightMaxAgentInterface' virutal folder.
3. Select 'Properties'.
4. You will be on the 'Virtual Directory' tab. You will need to click the 'Browse' button next to 'Local Path:' and browse to the directory where you copied the 'AgentInterface' folder. The website will now be using the chat window, chat invite and other images in the new 'AgentInterface' folder.
5. IMPORTANT!!! The 'WebServices' folder, by default, located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax does NOT need to be copied, and actually only ONE needs to exist on the server. You can just point all of the 'SightMaxWebServices' virtual directories from the other websites using SightMax to the same physical location where the folder exists.
LIST OF ALL PAGES, FILES AND FOLDERS THAT CAN BE MODIFIED
1. Browse to the AgentInterface folder you want to modify.
2. There are four .aspx files that you can edit:
This is the visitor chat window that your users will see and use when chatting with an opeator.
This is the error page that will be displayed if an error occurs in the SightMax Application.
This is the prechat survey page.
This is the page that is shown between the time an operator initiates a chat and when the operator accepts a chat.
3. There are two files that you CANNOT edit:
Global.asax and Web.config:
These two files are application system files and should NOT be edited. If they are edited, the SightMax application will be broken.
4. The IMAGES folder is where all of the images for the chat windows are stored.
Note: The invite graphic (FullInvite2Chat.gif) is also stored in this directory.
IMPORTANT!!! There are certain HTML elements that have specific ID's that must NOT be modified or deleted when customizing one of the chat windows. This code MUST be present for the SightMax Application to function properly. For example, WaitingForOperator.aspx has a table with the following code:
id="table3" => You CANNOT edit or delete this part of the code.