Upgrading from SightMax 4.0 to SightMax 6.0
Please read through all the instructions before beginning the installation process.
The upgrade to 6.0 is not a free upgrade, and is only available to those under a Support Contract or those who purchased SightMax after November 20th 2008.
System requirements for the Sightmax Installable 6.0 Server:
- Windows 2003/2008 Server
- .NET 3.5 Framework
- IIS 6.0 or later
- Microsoft SQL Express 2005 ( minimum requirement ) * If you have Microsoft SQL 2000, you will need to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 ) Either Express or Full )
- On Windows 2008 Server, you will neet ASP.NET and WCF Activation installed
SightMax 6.0 runs in a 15 days trial mode until you request, receive, and install the 6.0 License Key.
1. Download the SightMax 6.0 install to your desktop.
2. Stop the SightMax service.
3. Backup the SightMaxDB.MDF and .LDF located in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SIGHTMAX\Data' by default ( SQL 2000 and MSDE ) or 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQKK!\MSSQL\Data` ( Microsoft 2000 or 2005 Express)
Important: We do not support any database customization and all your customizations in the SightMaxDB database will be lost in the database upgrade process. If you had any customization done, you will have to redo it in the newer version.
4. Backup the AgentInterface folder and all its subfolders located at 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax' by default.
5. Run the SightMax 6.0 install. ( You can find the SightMax Server 6.0 Installation Guide here :
After finishing the installation, you CAN NOT copy your "AgentInterface" folder back to the SightMax folder. You will need to replace your graphic images again, but make sure you will keep the same filenames.
6. Complete the installation.
7. Open the SightMax Administrator, and Request a new License Key. SightMax WILL run in a 15 day trial mode until you request, receive, and install your 6.0 License Key. If you won't register a new license key, SightMax Service will simply stop.
8. You will also need to upgrade your existing Operator consoles. On the server's desktop, you should see SightMaxOperator.exe . You will need to download it and run the installation file on each computer, so you can upgrade your Operators to 6.0 .