Upgrading from SightMax 4.0 to SightMax 5.0
Please read through all the instructions before beginning the installation process.
The upgrade to 5.0 is not a free upgrade and is only available to those under a Support Contract or those who purchased SightMax after October 10th.
System requirements :
SightMax 5.0 requires the .NET Framework 2.0 to run.
SightMax 5.0 ASP.NET AJAX for ASP.NET 2.0 (Included in the SightMax installation package).
SightMax 5.0 runs in a 14 day trial mode until you request, receive, and install the 5.0 License Key.
1. Download the SightMax 5.0 install to your desktop. http://download.sightmax.com/v5/sightmaxlivechat5-complete.exe
2. Stop the SightMax service.
3. Backup the SightMaxDB.MDF and .LDF located in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SIGHTMAX\Data' by default ( SQL 2000 and MSDE ) or 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQKK!\MSSQL\Data` ( Microsoft 2000 or 2005 Express)
4. Backup the AgentInterface folder and all its subfolders located at 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax' by default.
5. Run the SightMax 5.0 install.
After finishing the installation, you can't copy your "AgentInterface" folder back to the SightMax folder, however you could copy all your images to the new folder and re-target them again.
6. Complete the installation.
7. Open the SightMax Administrator and Request a new License Key. SightMax WILL run in a 14 day trial mode until you request, receive, and install your 5.0 License Key.