1. Download the SightMax 5.1 install to your desktop http://download.sightmax.com/v5/SightMaxLiveChat5-Complete.exe
2. Run the SightMaxLiveChat5-Complete.exe installation file located on your desktop
3. The install will show requirements that are not currently installed on the server. This can show the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express, and AJAX for ASP.NET 2.0 The SQL Express is actually optional, but a SQL Server 2000 or above is required for SightMax 5.1 to run. Click Install.
4. The .NET Framework 2.0 will download and prompt you to install first (if not already installed on the server).
5. Next you will be prompted to install the optional Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. Only install this if you do not have your own SQL Server or if you do not want to use your SQL Server for SightMax 5.1.
If you want to use your own SQL Server, and you DON'T want to install SQL Express 2005 please do the following:
*** First dialogue : select Yes (then you will be asked again if you want to install SQL - you can choose NO .)
*** Second dialogue : Choose NO ( SQL Server 2005 won't be installed )
If you will choose Yes, then SQL Express 2005 will start downloading:
After the SQL Express 2005 installation completed, continue to the next step and click Install
6. Select the location that you want the SightMax 5.1 program to be installed to.
7. You MUST run the IIS Editor, even if you have run it previous with previous SightMax versions. Select the Website you want to install SightMax 5.1 to and click Add (you can repeat this on as many websites as you want). Click close when you are done and continue with the install.
8. Enter your mail server address and email accounts for SightMax 5.1 to use when sending and receiving email ( Ex. SightMax will send emails regarding offline message left by visitors, missed chats etc)
9. Select the SQL Server you want to use with SightMax 5.1. The SQL Server 2005 Express is named (local)\SightMax3.
Select whether you want to use NT or SQL Authentication (this will be dimmed out if you installed the SQL Server Express)
10. SightMax 5.1 should now be successfully installed. Allow the QuickStart Guide to open and follow the directions to configure SightMax 5.1.
11. If you just installed .NET 2.0 on your server, open IIS and verify Webservice extensions to see if the .NET 2.0 is set to Allowed
12. Open the SightMax Admin Console from your desktop and fill in the information to login for the first time: Default username is sysadmin, and the default password is newsysadmin. Your WebService URL is the IP address, or the hostname of the website that holds SightMax Virtual Folders ( SightMaxAgentInterface and SightMaxWebService ).
13. Read the Administrator QuickGuide on how to setup your SightMax Account, website, queues and operators: