1. Stop the SightMax server service.
2. Detach the SightMax database from SQL server
3. Backup the SightMaxDB.mdf and SightMaxDB_log.ldf files*
4. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\SmartMax Software, Inc\SightMax\WinSvc folder on the server and backup the SmartMax.SightMax.Service.exe.config file.
5. Backup your customized chat window
IMPORTANT: You only need to do this step if you have customized your chat window(s).
Make a backup copy of your 'AgentInterface' folder. By default, this folder is located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SightMax\AgentInterface
This folder contains all of your (customized) chat windows, invite graphic and other images.
What if I have multiple websites with customized chat windows?
If you have multiple websites that have customized chat windows, you will need to make a backup of every 'AgentInterface' folder under each website that is using SightMax.
1. Run the SightMax Server installation. Please follow these instructions:
2. After the installation is complete, turn off the SightMax server service
3. Copy over the the old SightMaxDB.mdf and SightMaxDB_log.ldf files to the new server
4. Connect to your SQL Server with a SQL Management Studio Console and delete the current SightMaxDB file (the new empty SightMaxDB database)
5. Attach the old database SightMaxDB to your new SQL Server
6. Start the SightMax Service from Start > Programs > Administrative tools > Services
7. Request a new license key for the new server from the SightMax Admin Console after uninstalling the old server (**You can’t run two servers at the same time under our current licensing terms. If you need two servers to run at the same time, please contact our Sales department to find information on how to purchase a secondary license for the Development Server, Staging Server or Production Server license.
8. Restore your ‘AgentInterface’ folder from the old server to the new server (do not overwrite the new web.config file)
Notes: these instructions are for the migration of the SightMax Server version 6 from one server to another.
If you have an older version and you wish to migrate to a new Server and upgrade to the SightMax Installable Server version 6.0, then contact our Support department.