Click to Call – an easy way to set it up using the SightMax Live Chat Software
The “Click to call” feature is just a Chat button that shows the “Click to Call” button– behind there is a Queue that will always be Offline (or Online).
If you have the SightMax Installable Server, please follow these steps
1. Assuming the SightMax Server is installed on your server and working without any issues, then you can go ahead and login in the SightMax Admin Console
2. Create a Queue under your Site and name it “Click to Call”
You could setup a Queue (Department) that will always be Offline (see the Administrator QuickStart Guide on how to create a Queue), and visitors will be able to fill in a form with a phone number field.
3. Modify the Queue properties and upload a new Chat button icon. It would be best if your chat button icons will contain the wording “Click to call” or something related to it
5. You can customize the fields add/remove/edit in the Offline Survey and just leave 1 single field that will ask for their Phone number.
“Using your Operator console, you can edit your Surveys. Click on Settings > Chat Surveys , navigate to the desired site and queue, choose Offline Survey, Click New Offline Survey, add/remove/edit unwanted fields, then click on Replace current survey.”
6. You could also customize all the Chat window graphics for this particular Queue. Please read our KB article to learn how to accomplish that:
Scenario 1: Customer sees the Click to Call button, clicks on it, sees the Offline Survey with only one Field (Phone number), clicks Submit, the Operator receive an Offline response from the SightMax Server and calls the Visitor.
Scenario 2: The Visitor will see the Click to Call button on your website, clicks on the button, will see the PreChat Survey (in case the Operator is logged in and available for that Queue) and will enter the phone number in the “Phone number” field. The Operator will be able to see the incoming Chat request, will answer the chat and will notify the Visitor in chat: “One moment, I am calling you…”