▪ Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
▪ MS-SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 (Express or Standard). All data is stored on your side (Private Server)
▪ IIS7, NET 4.6.2 Framework, WCF features enabled and HTTP Activation installed.
Note: The ChatBeacon LOCAL Server does not need to be installed on the main Web Server; it can be installed on a Virtual Machine or a standalone server and can share the server with other applications.
▪ Optionally, the server can be installed in the DMZ and requires Port 80 and 443 to be open to the Internet.
▪ Minimum Hardware requirements are 1 GB of RAM, 1 CPU, 10 GB disk
Typical hardware specifications are a minimum of a Dual Core CPU, 2 Gigahertz (GHZ) or above with 2 GigaBytes (GB) of ram. You should have a minimum of 15 GigaBytes (GB) of hard-disk space available. If you are virtualizing, the ChatBeacon LOCAL Server has been tested on VMWare ESX/EXSi, Parallels Desktop, Parallels Server, Parallels Containers and Oracle VirtualBox.
1. Download the ChatBeacon Server Installation file to your server’s desktop:
2. Run the setup file
3. Click Next through the installation steps
4.. During the installation you will need to provide the email settings for the Windows Service notifications and SQL Server settings.
-Type in the SQL Server Instance Name. Example: a SQL Server 2008 Express is named (local)\SQLEXPRESS.
-you may use either Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication for the SQL Server connection. The ChatBeacon Server needs a SQL user with DBOWNER rights for the database.
5. Check if the ChatBeacon LOCAL Service is started in the Control Panel > Administrative tools > Services
6 Launch the Admin Console from the server's desktop and login
Webservice URL: the IP or hostname of the website selected during the installation. Ex.: http://localhost
7. Request a license from the Admin Console > Registration > Request license > Use your Order ID or your email address.
8. Create an Account, add a site, add a queue and Operators, then generate the chat code for your Department (Queue).
9. Place the chat code on your website (bottom of the source code before the closing </body> tag) or on a test page.
10. Additional steps may be needed:
-enable encryption for your chat window: if you have a SSL Certificate installed for the chat hostname): uncomment the HTTPS bindings in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ChatBeacon\web.config.
Generating the chat window code for your website
-generate the code from the Admin Console > Websites > Click on a Department name > copy the code from the HTML Script Element section; you may copy the code and paste it in your website footer.
-add this line in your website <head> section to enable the mobile chat window for mobile devices
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
Operator/Admin setup files
Operator Side - Installing the Operator Application
You will need to copy the Operator MSI setup file and install the application on the Operator's workstations.
The Operator Console needs to be the same version as your ChatBeacon Server and can be installed on any machine with Windows 7 or newer.
The .NET 4.6.1 Framework is required.
Please send us your questions to email@example.com.